Don't Walk By Registration Confirmation
Thank you for registering for Don’t Walk By 2017! You will receive a reminder closer to the date. But please read the following to prepare.
Please note that we have made some changes in schedule and program if you have previously participated in past campaigns.
1) Bring your Eventbrite confirmation with you to check-in either on paper or on your smart phone.
2) Arrive at the host church by 1:30pm to check-in. We are checking in a couple hundred people so it may take a little time. Training and orientation begins at 2pm. Team Leaders, please arrive by 1:00pm to receive last minute announcements and to greet your team.
3) If you are doing the Street or Subway Engagement portion, dress warmly and comfortably. Check the weather before you leave, in case of precipitation. It is unlikely that we will cancel an outreach unless weather conditions are dangerous. We will post a status on the website, Facebook and Twitter to notify all volunteers.
4) You may want to bring a backpack or a shopping bag to carry care kits that will be handed out to those you meet on the street or subway, but not it’s not required.
5) Do not bring valuables with you and bring only what you are able to carry on your person as we cannot hold or store anything for you.
6) If you are volunteering for Hospitality, please do not bring valuables as we cannot be responsible for what you leave at the anchor church.
7) For those doing subway or street engagement, bring your Metrocard. If you are assigned a zone far from the anchor church, you will need to take the subway to get back to the church.
8) If you are unable to attend, just cancel your registration (using the link in the confirmation email you received) or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the day and the position for which you are cancelling.
9) Have your smart phones fully charged as they will come in very handy for the outreach.
10) Please visit the outreach guide page to get the day’s schedule and more details on how to prepare for the outreach.